Thursday, April 1, 2010

wedding fun

So, a few weeks ago we had the pleasure of attending a good friend's wedding up in Sonora, CA. While I'm glad I don't live way up in the mountains (re: winding roads= car sick, far away from airport for family travel, etc.), it is the perfect place for a weekend getaway and a gorgeous location for nuptials. We stayed in a friend's cabin with a few other couples and enjoyed hanging out, cooking breakfast together, strolling the downtown of Sonora, which was super cute with second hand stores, antique shops, and even an old time soda parlor where we enjoyed Italian sodas....well, I got a true vanilla coke, but still:)

Here are a few highlights from the getaway.

Grant chillin with some of our cabin mates Carrie (preggo with a future boy buddy for Grant), Lola his pet companion, and our good buddy Mike who was my boss at church when I worked with the high school group.


As you can see, the location was BE-A-U-TIFUL!! Erin always wanted to be married in a barn, and her now hubby was born and raised in Sonora and had the perfect location in mind.


Our little man was truly that in his suit coat and vest. It also provided much needed double drool reinforcement. When the jacket was full, we took it off to reveal the next layer.



As it usually turns out when we've gone to wedding with baby, we end up sitting right by the band and speakers... usually by choice oddly enough. Grant has never complained and actually may have found his future calling. He was simply mesmerized by the live band.


The first time I ever felt Grant move in my belly was on my way home from work in the car while listening to a CD my sister Katie had made for me. It was a very bumpin kind of mix and he just started kickin away in there. So, it was no surprise when he broke out his skills on the dance floor at the reception.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! Love the picture of the two of you. And Grant's suit makes me melt!:)

    ReplyDelete