Tuesday, April 20, 2010

first paying cookie customer

I just delivered cookies to the first official paying customer!! It's only fair I tell you it was my cousin who was preparing for her daughter's 2nd birthday tomorrow, but still:) Since I hadn't done this cookie before, it was relieving that her daughter Maddie immediately identified the Sesame Street character!

(I apologize for the sideways picture! My computer is acting up and it won't keep it the correct way after I've edited it:( Will work to remedy for future posts!)


"Elmo! Elmo!" Maddie cried while pointing at the batch.


My in my kitchen displaying my first selling artwork:) And no, I don't usually look this nice while cooking. I had to do a bit of cookie surgery pre-delivery as I woke up to find the red of Elmo's face had bled into the whites of his eyes! YIKES!! Clearly I'm still learning, but other than being time consuming and keeping Grant and I from playgroup unexpectedly, the fix was pretty easy:)

5 comments:

  1. Sure looks like "Becca's Bakery" is off to a great start!!! Those cookies are about as professional as I have ever seen and I'm sure taste scrumptious as well. Nice job Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bec! Great Job! If you need any advice I am sure my mom would be happy to help you out (seeing as how you aren't exactly close enough to compete for business...lol)! You can look at her website www.jomamassignaturesweets.com and shoot her an email or give her a call 664-0456

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ mom: thanks mama!! i thought you'd enjoy that pic:) here's to hoping its a start of something- it's super fun:)

    @ cher: hey girl! i was thinking about giving her a call actually. do you recognize the elmo cookies from anywhere?? i'm totally a frequent visitor to her website:) my cousin asked for elmo so i was searching to see what i'd do- totaly copycapt!! thanks for her info:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and I def. want some for Ryder's b-day. HOw much do you charge woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think she would mind and I'm sure she would be flattered to have someone use her as inspiration! You are doing an awesome job - Hope it turns into something for you!

    ReplyDelete