Thursday, March 4, 2010

back in cali!

Well, after a couple weeks spent traveling, we are finally back! George, Grant, and I flew to Chicago over Valentine's weekend to celebrate the marriage of our good friend Mark. While there we were able to catch up with some missed buds, as well as meet our new niece Annikah Kate. It was so relaxing to spend time with family and to enjoy an opportunity to love on our two nieces. It was also interesting to observe the three grandkids and to anticipate how future interactions will play out:)

Grant in his closet crib


Our new niece Annikah Kate



The Cochrane family


Elynor offered to help feed Grant his dinner. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed more dinner that night than Grant did!


Can you spot the differences in these two photographs??




From Chicago George returned home while Grant and I traveled south to Greenville to spend the next 1 1/2 weeks with my parents. Some highlights were: learning to sew and finding it fun instead of frustrating, watching mom attempt to trim Grant's nails, dining on Jimmy Johns subs and Mario's pizza, spending time with his girl cousins and PaPa, Grant attending his first basketball game at my high school alma mater and learning to pull up to his knees, setting my mom up on Facebook and showing her the ropes, and Grant getting to spend extended alone time with his grandparents.

Working so hard


Enjoying his first basketball game and discovering balloons for the first time.



Visiting cousins Kelsie and Karlie.


I'm not sure who is more scared here!


3 generations. I was behind the camera or it would be 4!


PaPa entertaining Grant


Spending time with Grandpa Kev



Goodnight hugs for Grandma V and Granpa Kev


****There is more to tell about this trip, but the blog is acting up and won't allow me to update this particular post with pictures anymore. Stay tuned, the tail end of the adventure is coming soon!!****

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics w/ papa... Thx for not including pics of me - not my prettiest days:)... What on earth is E wearing in the grandkids photos?!... And love that both my girls are screaming in photo 2... Just a little too much estrogen? Poor Rye in about 10 years! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Becca, I love reading your updates... now you need to help me get one started :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson and Grant would have SUCH a good time playing! I can just tell! I'm struggling with the time difference to find a good time to call. Perhaps you will just get a long, newsy e-mail in your inbox... Thanks for sharing these pics--I look forward to the next batch!

    ReplyDelete